TheIndustry.beauty LIVE! Founder Joanna Jensen on Childs Farm’s journey to success

During TheIndustry.magnificence LIVE! ‘The developments to know that may future proof your magnificence enterprise for 2024 and past’, a crowd of magnificence business professionals learnt concerning the developments manufacturers and retailers ought to focus on to meet the calls for of right this moment’s shopper and drive their enterprise sooner or later. 

For the second session of the day, Joanna Jensen, Founder of Childs Farm discusses the inspiration behind the model, its pure and sustainable strategy, and key drivers behind its progress.

Founded as an answer to her personal daughters’ delicate and eczema susceptible pores and skin, Jensen launched Childs Farm in 2012 with pure skincare merchandise for infants and kids.
From the very starting, Jensen positioned excessive significance on utilizing mild, pure components and sustainable strategies for her merchandise – one thing the model nonetheless champions right this moment.

“Our merchandise are appropriate for infants and kids with delicate and eczema susceptible pores and skin. Rather than happening a medical route like another therapies, we determined to use a pure strategy and this has actually helped individuals. We set out to provide the most effective formulations for kids’s pores and skin, while additionally pushing the boundaries so far as we might by way of sustainability,” she says.
“I additionally wished to create merchandise that had been enjoyable, inviting and never simply centred across the messaging of ‘you have bought poorly pores and skin – this is a boring beige product to assist’.”
Sourcing components from world wide, Jensen says she was additionally selective of its suppliers. “Choosing the appropriate components is crucial however we additionally set out to discover significant suppliers that we might make a distinction to as effectively – this has all the time been so necessary to the enterprise,” she provides.
Feeding into the concept of sustainable and moral practices, Childs Farm achieved B Corp certification in June 2022. Administered by nonprofit B Lab, B Corp is a certification that covers over 300 questions on governance, employees, communities and affect on the atmosphere.
In its evaluation, Childs Farm achieved an total rating of 80.7. To qualify as a B Corp, companies should rating 80 or over. “B Corp is massively necessary to us – it represents the values of the enterprise. For me, it is all about being a great citizen of the planet. Plus, we’re a model that cares about individuals as a result of we care about their pores and skin,” Jensen says.

Today, the model’s rising vary is out there on-line and in-store at numerous main retailers together with Boots, Waitrose, and Amazon – all of which helped the success of Childs Farm in its early days.
Organic content material, which consists of any unpaid advertising that potential and current prospects can discover naturally, was one other component that Jensen says was pivotal to the model’s preliminary progress. “Viral success tales have labored wonders for Childs Farm as a result of genuine, actual life experiences typically resonate extra with customers as they’ll see the real affect of our merchandise.”

Still discovering success from each its retail presence – each within the UK and internationally – and natural content material, amongst numerous different methods, the enterprise has continued to develop because it first launched round 11 years in the past.
In March 2022, Childs Farm was acquired by PZ Cussons to assist take the model to the “subsequent degree”. The firm, which additionally owns St Tropez and Sanctuary Spa, holds a 91.5% stakes in Childs Farm. Jensen retains the remaining 8.5%, sustaining her reference to the model. “This has labored out so effectively. I now see the enterprise from a way more birds-eye view.”
To be the primary to know when future occasions are staged, join to our every day e-newsletter right here.

https://theindustry.beauty/theindustry-beauty-live-founder-joanna-jensen-on-childs-farms-journey-to-success/

Recommended For You